The Invest North East England partnership is made up of the North East Combined Authority - County Durham, Gateshead, Newcastle, North Tyneside, Northumberland, South Tyneside and Sunderland - working together in collaboration with the North East Local Enterprise Partnership. It plans to create the best possible conditions for growth in jobs, investment and living standards and to make this area an excellent location for business, prioritise and deliver a high quality infrastructure and raise skill levels.
Invest North East England co-ordinates enquiries on behalf of the local authorities, providing a single, convenient point of contact for companies and their key representatives, and has access to an extensive partnership network of support agencies, sector specialists, universities, colleges, knowledge networks and business organisations throughout the region.
Help and guidance can be provided on a wide range of topics, including:
- Advice on availability and costs of locations for business in North East England
- Information on and contacts in various key markets and advice on how to access them
- Introductions to potential supply chain companies and partners
- Information on skills availability, staff recruitment and training
- Introductions to knowledge networks and technological expertise
- Identification of R&D in each sector
- Guidance on the availability of financial assistance and grants
- Assistance with grant applications
- Introductions to business professionals