The Combined Authority’s ambition is to work with partners to create the best possible conditions for growth in jobs, investment and living standards, to make the North East an excellent location for business, by prioritising and delivering high quality infrastructure, and to enable all residents to raise their skill levels and to benefit from economic growth long into the future.
As each of the members of the Combined Authority have a detailed understanding of their local areas, their opportunities and their challenges, the Combined Authority is uniquely placed to shape the strategic direction and support delivery of projects and initiatives that will help to create growth and prosperity.
Investment decisions taken by the Combined Authority will fully reflect business views. These views, both in terms of shaping prioritisation and scheme design will ensure that public investment is targeted to maximise business benefit, which is key to economic growth.
Working with partners we will:
- Establish an Investment Gateway – a single point of contact for investment enquiries to the area.
- Draw on significant skills and sector-led expertise of the North East Local Enterprise Partnership.
- Co-ordinate promotion of the area.
- Provide the right environment and infrastructure for attracting and embedding investment.
- Streamline engagement with UK Trade and Investment and other Government partners.
The Economic Development and Regeneration lead for the Combined Authority is Cllr Paul Watson, Leader of Sunderland City Council.